Posts for tag: damaged nails
Have unsightly toenails? We've got the perfect solution for you! As seen on The Rachael Ray Show, we offer the Keryflex Nail Restoration system in our office. This is a safe application that gives the appearance of a healthy nail while safely disguising the diseased or damaged nail.
How Does it Work?
Keryflex is an application to the toenail in which a resin based material is applied to the nail and hardened with a special light which bonds the material to the nail to restore or improve the appearance of the nail. Your physician will then smooth and shape the nail to appear natural.
What to Expect
You will first be evaluated by one of our podiatrists to determine that Keryflex is the right option for you. Once you are a confirmed candidate, the damaged nail will be trimmed and filed down in order to prepare the nail for the Keryflex application. Once the nail is prepared, the restoration process begins. A bonding agent will be applied and the application of the resin will follow. The bonding/resin agents are then cured and hardened with the use of a ultraviolet light. The nail is then molded, shaped and filed until smooth. Finally, a sealant will be applied and cured with the light one final time. The amount of time this procedure take will vary depending on the severity of the nail damage and how many nails are being done.
· Delivers immediate and significant cosmetic enhancement after one visit
· Looks and feels natural
· Nails will bend with the natural movement of your toes and feet
· Keryflex will not irritate or cause further damage to the underlying nail or skin
· Allows your underlying nail to grow out naturally
· It is non-porous and will not allow moisture to penetrate between the natural and prosthetic nail