Posts for tag: child
Summer is quickly coming to an end while parents and children all over are scrambling to get their back to school necessities ready. One of the most important necessities needed in order to start your kid’s year off right is a fresh pair of shoes. Ensuring you have the best shoe for your child can be intimidating, but follow these tips and your child will have happy feet all year long:
1. Get Measured: Ask a store associate to measure your child’s foot to confirm you are getting the best fit. If your child’s feet measure differently, always buy for the larger foot.
2. Immediate Comfort: Buy a pair of shoes that provide ultimate comfort to your child the moment they are slipped on to their feet. There should be no “break-in" period.
3. Try On Before Buying: Bring your child with you to the store when purchasing shoes for them. Remember to also bring the type of sock your kiddo will be wearing with their shoes to promise a comfortable fit when worn together.
4. Leave Room For Growth: Your child’s toes need room for growth. There should be enough room in the shoe for your child to wiggle their toes freely.
5. Follow the ABCs of Shoe Buying:
A.) Look for a stiff heel. Press on each side of the heel of the shoe. The heel should not collapse when doing this.
B.) The toe box must be flexible. The toe box of the shoes should bend with the toes. It should not be too stiff or bend too much.
C.) The shoes must have a rigid middle. Be sure that the shoes do not bend or twist in the middle at the arch of the shoe.
Your child’s feet change as they grow, so remember to check their shoes frequently. By keeping these tips in mind, you will have one less thing to stress about this back to school season.