Posts for tag: Snow Boots
The snow has finally arrived and everyone is pulling out their favorite pair of boots! Whether you wear boots to work, to shovel, or out on date night, it is important to pick the perfect pair with the right level of comfort. Here are a few tips for picking out your best winter boot:
1. Always buy for your bigger foot. It’s important to have your feet measured to find shoes that will fit both of your feet comfortably. Nine out of ten women are currently wearing shoes that are too small for them. This can lead to problems like bunions, hammertoes, calluses and more.
2. Make sure your foot has arch support. A cushioned-soled boot with sturdy support is important for your foot. A well built shoe normally has a removable liner that can be replaced by orthotics or arch supports.
3. Shop at the end of the day. Your feet will have swollen and measure more true to your size if you go boot shopping later in the day.
4. Don’t buy a flimsy shoe. Invest in a good pair of boots that fits right and will last a long time. Only the front third should bend up. The rear two-thirds of the shoe should be strong and unable to bend or twist.
5. Wear the right socks. Make sure to wear the same type and thickness of socks that you normally wear when shopping at the store.
6. Don’t let your feet get wet! The material of your boot is just as important as the way it fits. If you are buying a snow boot make sure that it’s waterproof. Keeping your feet dry will ensure that there’s no room for fungus to grow.