Taking a stroll down that infamous red carpet is not as easy as it may appear. Millions of people are watching each celeb’s every move through the TV and critiquing their choice of dress, footwear, and hairdo. Hundreds of photographs are snapping away to have these photos reprinted in magazines or displayed on websites for years to come. No one wants to be the one on the “worst dressed” page!
Celebrities will prep for months in advance to get Oscar glamified, and in various forms of extreme:
- Exercising at least 6 weeks in advance to get as toned as possible
- Diets, detox, and near starvation to slim down
- Visits to the dermatologist for laser zapping, tissue tightening, and Botox injections
- Teeth whitening and brightening
- Body treatments such as facials, massages, scrubs, and peels
- Waxing and other forms of body hair removal
- Spray tans to give the body a bronzed glow
- IV drips of B12 and other vitamins for energy
- Having a team of stylists choosing each item to be worn that evening
Let’s not forget about their tootsies! Feet need prepping too. Dry heels will be buffed, and all toenails will be polished to perfection. Shoes must complement their outfit, and most females will forgo comfort for fashion this evening. I wonder how many have considered dermal fillers such as Restylane to add cushion to the balls of the feet? I can assure you that there will not be any signs of fungus,ingrown toenails infections, or warts visible on anyone’s feet this evening. The feet usually are shown off in those stilettos, and any appearance beyond stunning is definitely not acceptable. People still talk about this actress’ poor choice of heels!
What extreme would you go to if you were on the red carpet? Would you find this and exciting or frightening experience? I think in my case… it would be a pretty fun night!
BY: Diana Emini